Sisters of Mercy Parramatta is committed to creating and maintaining environments, both real and online, that are safe, supportive, caring and nurturing for all people. It commits to upholding the dignity and rights of all and to ensuring zero tolerance of abuse by:
- Embedding a culture of safety and respect in the leadership, governance and practice of Sisters of Mercy Parramatta.
- Prioritising the safety and best interests of the children and adults at risk with whom it works.
- Understanding the nature and risks of abuse and taking deliberate and immediate steps to prevent it.
- Encouraging the participation of children, adults at risk, families and communities in providing feedback on and input into decisions which affect their safety.
- Responding to complaints of abuse sensitively, respectfully, actively and in a timely manner, in accordance with its lawful obligations and its policies and procedures. This includes contacting police immediately where there may be an immediate risk of harm to any person, especially to any child or adult at risk.
- Undertaking regular auditing of its safeguarding policies and practices to ensure an ongoing culture of safety and respect for all.
We acknowledge with regret that there have been times in our past where some people, including children and adults at risk, were not treated with the care and respect which was their right.
If you, or someone you know has been harmed by a Sister, employee or volunteer of Sisters of Mercy Parramatta, please contact our Safeguarding Co-Ordinator in one of the following ways:
- By phone on 1800 979 745
- By email on email@example.com
- By Letter, addressed to Safeguarding Co-ordinator, Sisters of Mercy Parramatta, PO Box 2012, North Parramatta, NSW, 1750.
If you are aware of abuse by one of our personnel against any child or adult at risk, we encourage you to contact the police immediately.