Join us on Palm Sunday - Welcome Refugees Rally
The Annual Palm Sunday Rally will once again see thousands gather in capital cities around Australia, calling for a just and compassionate response to Asylum Seekers and Refugees.
Representatives of numerous religious and social justice advocacy groups as well as individual members of the Australian Community will gather at the Palm Sunday Welcome Refugees Rally this Sunday, March 20th, commencing at 1.00pm in Belmore Park, opposite Central Railway station.
A number of speakers will address the rally, including:
- Joel Shakespeare (former Save the Children worker on Nauru)
- Jessica Walker (Queensland Teachers Union, Yeronga High School & Save Mojgan campaign)
- Dr Sue Wareham (Medical Association for Prevention of War)
- Faith speakers including: Rev John Barr (President, NSW Ecumenical Council) Ms Wies Schuiringa (Religious Society of Friends – Quakers) Rev Myung Hwa Park (Uniting Synod NSW/ACT)
Fr Shenouda Mansour (Coptic Orthodox Church) Rabbi Jacki Ninio (Emanuel Synagogue) Rabbi Gad Krebs (Kehillat Masada Synagogue)
- Ian Rintoul (Refugee Action Coalition)
- Shokufa Tahiri (Afghan refugee)
Following the rally, those present will march to Victoria Park (Cnr City Road and Broadway).
For more information about the Rally, please download the flyer below, prepared by the Refugee Action Coalition, or visit their website by clicking here.
No media download found.
The information above was taken from the Refugee Action Coalition Website.